Thursday 9 August 2012

I am back in love with drawing

Since I closed Mami Doodles, I haven't been drawing much; in honesty not all at. I only started back in the last few weeks.

Now, instead of using pencil and paper, I am drawing on the iPad. I had a paid-for app which never felt natural to me. Instead I started using Autodesk SketchBook Express, a free app. It was so much fun that I ordered a Pogo Sketch Stylus because it is so much easier to draw with a "pen" than using my finger.

And today I made the big jump and bought Autodesk SketchBook Pro, which cost me the princely sum of €1.59 ($1.99)! Less than the price of an expresso here in Ireland.

If you like drawing and have an iPad, go and get SketchBook, you won't regret it.

I don't have anything decent to share yet, but if you look at the screenshots in iTunes you can see the amazing things it can do.


Amazing, yes? Having said that, it won't make me draw better, like no pencil will instantly make me draw better but all the tools are there. And I am loving working on it!

No comments: