Monday 3 March 2008

Jackie's Challenge

Jackie posted a card challenge in the Cara Craft Supplies forum: it had to have use a nature photo and some kind of flourish. Here's my response to the challenge:




The flourish is hand drawn. I drew it with the versamark pen and the embossed it. It was a bit like drawing blind as the versamark is clear, and you can see the flaw in the corner where the lines don't meet. It was only after I had finished it that it occurred to me that I could have first used a pencil and later traced over with the versamark pen. Dooh! Having said that, there is something "fresh" about drawing that get lost if you trace over.

It was my first time using the pen and I really loved it, any silly doodle looks great once you emboss it.

2 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Elisa your card is beautiful I love the gold flourish =0)

Neasa said...

Fantastic Elisa, and I searched and searched for the flaw/join, and I can't find it! And no, not all scribbles come good under embossing powder.....!!! Unfortunatly!!