Friday 26 June 2009

Childhood Memories

Not much scrapbooking done here, I am afraid - I have a couple of half-finished projects plus some ideas but just can't find the time to do work on them.

In the meantime, I'll post another project which I would like to add a couple of pages per month. Childhood memories - my intention is to write random memories, one per page, get between 15 to 30 pages done and them bind it and read it to my children. I am not a story teller, so my children don't know much about how I lived, this is a way to leave a legacy to my kids, the legacy of my earliest memories.

I went for a different format from the usual 12x12. A long 6x12 format will keep it easy to carry and leaf through. The idea is to have it simple in design, flat pages with the same off-white background, keeping the style similar and the same font.

So far I've done a cover page and the introduction.

Here's the cover:


While I was browsing through my photos, I found this very casual photo. What makes it special is that has my childhood home and all the people that lived there, my paternal grandparents, my parents, my brother and I. I've no idea who took the photo.


This page looks very boring, I might add something to it.

The journaling reads:

"Minhas memórias,


I thought I'll tell you two something about my childhood memories.

Since I'm not much of a storyteller, I am not sure if you get to hear about them if I don't write this down.

Besides, I don't really have many interesting, funny stories - what I have are snippets of information, things you might like to know about my early life.

You will see how different my life was from the life you have now. And some similarities too, I hope.

Like you two, we were two children, older girl, younger boy, three years between them. And despite all the differences between me and my girl and my brother and my boy, I can see that some parallels too. The more serious and intense girl and the more relaxed and happy-go-lucky boy.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I fell I am going to enjoy writing this.

I'll write mostly in English, but I'll mix some sentences in Portuguese, and maybe the odd word in Japanese, to add a bit of colour to my story.

Com muito amor, (with lots of love)

Mamãe"

2 comments:

Rita said...

I love this idea for a book! Your children will absolutely treasure it! The colors you used for the cover are amazing, and I love the butterflies!

heidi said...

You are one of the most talented people I've come across in blogland! I love your work. I have a blog award for you over on my blog if you're into that sort of thing.

http://notbusyenuf.blogspot.com/

Heidi