Monday 11 May 2009

Paper flowers

Yesterday was Mother's Day in Brazil (2nd Sunday of May), so can I show you what I got from my son for the Irish Mother's Day back in March?



He made it in the playgroup and I thought the flowers (tulips or lillies?) were very cute and was of course delighted with them. But it took a long while before I realised that each flower is actually a little hand shape - my son's - wrapped around a drinking straw. What about you, did you guess???!!!

I am a little bit obsessed with making paper flowers at the moment, since I saw these ones in the Studio Calico blog.




And, ah, yes, I have another blog, The Reluctant Cardmaker, I just started a few minutes ago, it is still very much naked but please take a look if you have some time.

1 comment:

vtpuggirl said...

Those flowers are amazing! And his gift is precious and so pretty for a young child. I got candy and cookies and my son wanted to eat them all. :p