Sunday 30 August 2009

Back to school

Even though I had more than 2 months to cover my daughter's books, I only had it done yesterday. Typical!
Last year, I asked her to write her name and do some drawings which I scanned and made into a label. This year I took the easier route and started with a premade label, I only removed the original writing and added my own.

I covered her printed books with them.
* Digital labels: Kawaii Cute Fruits Mini Kit

For her copy books, I used the same frames but replaced the fruits by these cute dolls - a freebie from "A Print A Day".


* Dolls: 2 Panel Dolls from A Print A Day

And last week's PaperPlay challenge was "Back to School".
I made a layout about my son and his first teacher, his Montessori teacher. She wasn't wearing sunglasses, I only added them because I couldn't contact her to get permission to put her photo in the net.


* Lace Paper: Ki Memories
* Paper strips: Studio Calico and Cosmo Cricket
* Digital Frame: Paislee Press @ Oscraps.com
* Font: Century Gothic
* Other: Felt and owl embellishment

5 comments:

lisa dickinson said...

love your labels and the page! Such a fab use of that die cut number paper! :)

Denise said...

Brilliant idea to add the sunglasses. :o) Love your labels and your layout. Then again you never do anything I don't love. :o)

Erika said...

such a cute idea with the labels. that LO is adorable!

Lynn said...

great idea for the labels ... wish I thought of that :) And love how you used the number paper, I can never think of what to do with those die cut Ki papers!

Kiki said...

Love your LO's, your journaling,etc...as usual :o)