Monday 24 August 2009

Challenges Ahead

It's probably the first time I used lots of purple & lilacs in a layout. I like purples and lilacs in clothes, but have a mental block about using them anywhere at home or in a scrapbook page.

To balance it out, I put the flowers against a greenish background.


The title looks a bit weird, I wanted to use this specific letters but had run out of "A"s, "D"s and had only one "E", so I used upside down "V"s for As and cut bits and pieces of other letters for the remaining.

* Die Cut 12x12 paper: Collage Press
* Letter Stickers: American Crafts
* Flowers: mostly Primas
* Other: decorative tape, brads and buttons

7 comments:

Maisie Moonshine said...

I love your selection of blooms, they work so well with he agapanthus on the photo, a lovely layout and a beautiful photo.

Sabrina said...

What absolutely gorgeous colours, Elisa - this is beautiful. You should use those soft purples more.
That always seems to be the problem with letters - running out of the common ones. I couldn't believe neither of my alpha sets had a question mark when I needed one the other day.

Claire said...

Beautiful LO and picture, I love the colours, you did a great job there , looks like your fear of lilac and purple might be a thing of the past.

Di's Dooodles said...

Beautiful LO Elisa

Karva said...

WOW Elisa this is stunning. I love everything about it, well done
Karva

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Wow!! That flower cluster looks perfect! Gorgeous page :)

surgical girl said...

i love that selection of blossoms too and the colour contrast -- the shape - its all beautiful