Sunday 13 December 2009

PaperPlay and punches

I'm late to post it in my blog, but Kate set the challenge for last Thursday's PaperPlay Challenge. I loved this one, it got me to work on a layout that I have been thinking for a while but never got to do about my son's favourite books.



* Patterned paper: scraps from different sources.
* Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey
* Font: Times New Roman



I have some punches and they are rarely used, so I challenged mysef to use them for this layout. I used my oval punch to create the decoration on the left, and the circle one to create a little spot for the mouse.
Something was missing, so I added some stitching afterwards, I'll try to take a photo tomorrow and update it.

And while were are in the PaperPlay subject, Sandie is setting the challenge this coming week and she's also sponsoring the challenge, and she won't say anything else that it is going to be a BIG SURPRISE!




So don't forget to check the PaperPlay blog Thursday, 17th. See you there!
Journaling:
"Every night, at bedtime, we read him a story.
Here’s some of his favourites this year, the ones he asks to read again and again.
The Gruffalo He loves it and I love to read this one to him. I didn’t understand why this book about a mouse and a monster was in the bestsellers list, until I read it aloud. The beautiful rhyme, the perfectly chosen words makes this book a must for a little boy.
Charlie and Lola The adventures of a very small and very funny girl and her ever so pacient big brother. A favourite of Lucy’s when she was small, now loved by her very small and very funny brother. Mamãe loves the illustrations too.
Meg and Mog A book series featuring Meg the witch, Mog the cat and Owl. Cute drawing, simple and concise wording. Still in his favourite list.
Thomas the Tank Engine Liked little boys all over the world, Luke is no exception. His mother thinks it is boring and still can’t tell which engine is which.
In the Night Garden Babyish, very babyish, based on a TV series, lots of nonsense like “Makka Pakka Akka Wakka Mikka Makka Moo”. Anyway, a bedtime story that finishes with the line “time to go to bed” ain’t bad."

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

As a book lover, how I could I not think this is a wonderful LO. The little mouse in the punched-out circle is so sweet, and I like the oval pattern - makes me think of owls.