Friday 11 February 2011

My girl - her dress and the snow

It's over a year since I promissed my daughter that she could get her Irish Dancing dress. We asked her teacher, but she was unable to get a good second hand one her size, but finally the time came last year. It was a bit bitter sweet. Sweet because she got to wear it for the first time when her friends also got theirs. Bitter because she's having a break from Irish dancing after almost 5 year.




It wasn't her choice, it was mine. I felt that she was under pressure, between school, flu, playdates and the likes and decided that a break from extra-school activities would be good for her. But I am sure she'll go back after a while.

It is busy layout for a simple scrapper like me, but I think it suits the theme.







 I wanted 3 standard size (6x4) photos in a 8.5x11 format - I layered the photos so that you can see there's more photos.


*Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (red), Sassafras (cream/yellow), Making Memories (stripes)

*Sticker: Crate Paper (lacy border), Jenni Bowlin(letters)

*Stamps: Studio Calico

*Ink: Colorbox

*Font: Little Days

The next one is my DT entry for Shimelle digital kits in 2peas.


* Digital Template: Pretty  Paper Basics by Shimelle Laine @ Two Peas in a Bucket
* Font:  Stencil and Adler

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

That's a brilliant layout of the Irish Dancing dress - there's a great traditional Celtic look to it, and I like the idea of the layered photos.

nada said...

Just love the way you layered, just give me ideas to do some thing similar.
Great work!