Wednesday 16 February 2011

A significant birthday and January 2011 summary

 My husband's birthday was last week. We celebrated twice - on the day with the children and my mother in law. Saturday, my husband invited a few of our friends to one of our favourite restaurants. Great food, even better company and no washing up. Perfect!


I am so late with Project 12 that I decided to skip a few months get straight into January 2011.  The idea of Project 12 is simple, one scrapbook page (or double page), per month. Davinie Fiero started on her blog and brought the idea with her to Scrapbook & Cards Today. There's sketch that you might use or not.  I really liked the January sketch and thought it would fit the photos I wanted to use.


*Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (map) Making Memories (text), Studio Calico (city name circles)
*Stickers: Making Memories (journaling tag), Jenni Bowlin Studios (letters)
*Ink: Colorbox
*Mist: Studio Calico
*Font: Underwood Champion
*Other: Thread

This is the original sketch, by Becky Fleck, as seen in the original post:


I squeezed the original two pages into a single one - I am surprised how well it worked.

Between our holidays and my husband business trips, there were a lot of travel last month. Rio, Miami and Madrid. I went looking for a Studio Calico paper scrap with city names and discovered that both Rio and Madrid were feature, as well as our city of Dublin. It left me wondering  if Miami was originally there. Anyway, I settled for Paris - we were technically there, was it was a stop over on our flight to Brazil.
TFL!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

It seems strange to see you using such a busy paper for so much of your space, but of course it's perfect for your theme. I like the little circles, the orange is a great contrast with the paper. Shame you weren't really in Paris and not just passing through.