Tuesday 24 January 2012

December Summary

I mentioned that I had made two "kits" from my existing supplies. The second kit is inspired by this artwork by Michael Kosmicki:


What I like about it is that it as a lot of impact. I tend to avoid pastel colours, but this shows how pastel blue can pack a punch.


This is something else which I like using the same colours:

Noticed the justaposition of drawing and shapes? Plus cream over white?

So here's my kit:

It looks a lot brighter in the photo, but in real life the only strong colours comes from the SEI ticket sheet on the right hand side.

That's my first layout with kit 2:


*Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye - Lost and Found 2 (dots), Crate Paper - Portrait Collection (green), Studio Calico note (blue and white chain)
*Letter Stickers: Basic Grey - Micro Mono Alpha
*Gems: Kaiser Scrapbook
*other: snowflake die cut, velum, Advantus tiny attacher, foam adhesive

I am happy with this one, but probably only works because of the giant snowflake which I pinched from a Christmas card we got.

1 comment:

Maria Jordan-Lloyd said...

Love this - that snowflake is beautiful and is just perfect on this layout.