These are the instructions on how to make the box/card from my previous post.
To make the box you can either
(*) Print the template below on a A4 paper
(**) Use the measurements given to draw the template
If you follow the first option you will have a box slightly smaller than if you draw the box following the measurements. Otherwise the final results will be identical.
My box was plain on the inside and patterned on the outside. For the purpose of these instructions, I'll refer to the outside of the box as patterned side.
1 *) Print the template on the side of the paper which you want to be the inside of the box.
1 **) Draw the template on the side of the paper which you want to be the inside of the box.
2) Cut out the box - outside lines plus the two grey squares.
3) Score all the inside lines.
4) Decorate the base of the box, and the 2 transparencies.
5) Tape the transparencies onto the plain side of the middle layer and top layer. The transparency should be upside down in the middle layer.
6) Now we're going to put the two A sides together. Glue the patterned side of A2 to the plain side of A1. Notice that A1 is wider the A2 - align A2 with the base of the box.
7) Now the two C sides together. Glue the patterned side of C1 to the plain side of C2, aligning C2 with the base of the box.
8) That's the box done. Just fold the box cover over it. You can put a ribbon across the box to keep it closed. To keep the ribbon in place I glued it to the base of the box with double sized paper.
Here's the template: