Since Sabrina sent me this card, I wanted to do something similar.
I could see that hers required precise measuring scoring and cutting. Something that I hate to do and am very bad at. So I was raking my brains for a version that required only one piece of paper instead of 3. Everytime I saw her card in my mantelpiece I thought - maybe if I did this, or maybe if I did that.
When I finally got the idea in my head, I made a template in the computer and it worked first time! OK, it is only a silly thing, Karen Burniston I am not, but still I was very pleased with myself.
This is the box, closed.
As the box opens there are two layers, each with a piece of acetate in the middle. I decorated the two layers and the base of the box with rubons.
It is possible to fold the box flat without destroying it. This surprised me, as it wasn't part of the design :-) So I could post it to Sabrina in a normal envelope.
This is the box before I finished to put all the rubons and before I glued the sides together. You're seeing the inside of the box.
I admit that my version also needs precise scoring, and maybe more thinking would make the box neater, but I am done with it. Back to scrapbooking.
I still have the template if anybody is interested.