Saturday 5 June 2010

First Communion Layout

I am sure my daughter would complain about my photo choice - she doesn't like this one very much, she prefers the formal photos, taken on the day of the first communion of by the official photographer. But this one is the one that talks to me - pure joy.


* Patterned Paper: Vintage Patchwork (Girls Paperie) 
* Alpha: Oliver Chipboard Alphabet (Making Memories) 
* Also buttons, tracing paper, ribbon & cardstock


The flowers are based on this tutorial by Joy Madison in the Studio Calico blog,  I love that the flowers are dimension without being bulky. There's another great flower tutorial here, but Waleska Neris.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

This looks busy to me by your normal standards, but it's so perfect for a celebration of a special occasion, with the flowers and lace. I like informal photos better than the more posed ones - and I am sure you can also do a LO with one of L's preferred photos.

Sabriel said...

ah this is lovely and the flowers work so well too :)