Thursday 17 June 2010

Maybe a toot toot? and Understanding Girls

If you got the Scrapbook Inspirations Idea Book #2, would you be able to tell me if there is a layout of mine there? I got one layout accepted for it, but I know from experience that sometimes they don't get published. Ta.

Now, back to Celine's workshop.

Thanks to a high maintenance older sister, my son probably knows much more about how a girl's mind works than the average boy his age.

 I had this LO in digital form for a while, and a added a little bit of salmon pink to fit the colour scheme in Celine's workshop #1. More my usual style,  I like this one better but maybe I should be more adventurous?


* Patterned Paper: October Afternoon (blue), American Crafts (orange)
* Letter Stickers: American Crafts (pink), unknown (small b&w)
* Chipboard: Heidi Swapp
* Font: Century Gothic

Journaling:

"There are certainly disadvantages in having an older sister. Like being bossed around all your life. An unexpected advantage is that you get to know how a girl’s mind works. Which, bellieve me, will come handy in the future. That’s what you learned so far.

1. Girls and fashion
Whenever you sister asks  if you like her clothes, you - who don’t have interest in the subject - say in your most earnest voice: “Yess!!!”.  Perfect! If I’lll tell you that the answer to “Does my butt look big on this” is alway NO, you’lll know everything you need to know about this subject.

2. Girls and talk
Lucy kept on phoning you from my parents hotel room to our room. You answered and politely listened every time. Then one time, I heard you giggling. I went to see what was up - you had the handset away from your ear and was laughing and laughing. You looked at me and said “She talks and talks and I am not listening!”. That what all men do, babes!
"


I always find spelling mistakes after I print the journaling - "bellieve" - what was I thinking? There's probably lots more - I am not sure if I want to know...

1 comment:

Kate said...

Elisa I didn't buy it but I spotted it in my local Easons the other day and had a flick through it and YESSSSSSSSS your LO is in it!
If you want me to pick it up for you let me know ;-)