Saturday 12 June 2010

Getting my fingers dirty

Yesterday the World Cup started and so did Celine's classes. The first workshop involved a colour schemme, a sketch and a technique (embossing).

I combined the three in a single layout:




*Buttons and Stamp: Studio Calico
*Ribbon and Light Pink and Brown Flowers:  American Crafts
*Rubbon: Daisy D's
*Punch: Martha Stewart
*Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey*Mist: Cosmic Shimmer Mist
*Other: Tissue paper, thread, stamping ink, distressing ink, black ink


I figured there's no point in doing a class if I kept doing exactly the same as I always do. I didn't go out of my way to be different, but I experimented more that I usually do. The final result is so and so, I am not mad about it, but I am OK with it. What worked was printing in patterned paper (photo on the right) like Celine did - it doesn't show well in the photo but I like it. The other thing was using the bits & pieces of paper that I save but hardly use - like tissue paper and the lining of a chocolate box.

1 comment:

ArlaMo said...

I wanted to do this class, but knew I had not time. Love the tissue and button flowers!